With Fall comes soccer, football, dirt, mud and grass stains! If you’re a mom of elementary-school aged kids, grass stains are inevitable but they don’t have to be permanent. Follow the steps below to ensure that your kids’ clothes last longer than the season!
1) Act quickly to treat the grass stain. The longer the stain sets, the bigger chance of it becoming a permanent addition. And don’t launder before treating the stain; that’s the best way to set the stain.
2) Try one of the following pre-laundry treatment methods before washing (always test a small area first to be sure it doesn’t damage the fabric):
– Use a standard stain stick or detergent. Massage into the stain and then let sit for 15-30 minutes.
– Wet the stain with isopropyl rubbing alcohol and let air dry before rinsing with cold water and then treating with a stain stick or detergent as explained above.
– Make a white vinegar treatment with 1/3 c. vinegar and 2/3 c. water. Rub into the stain and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
– For whites, mix 1/4 cup bleach, 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide and 3/4 cups water. Massage into the stain and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
3) After pre-treating the stain and letting it sit for the recommended amount of time as suggested above, launder in the hottest water recommended for the article of clothing. And don’t be afraid to use bleach if you’re washing all white clothes!
4) After washing the article of clothing, check the stain before putting it in the dryer. Since the dryer will set any remaining stains, if there is still some stain remaining, treat the stain again before re-laundering in an attempt to remove the stain entirely.
Let us know if you’ve had any success with treating grass stains using any other methods. Some of the best ways to treat it can be home remedies using what you already have in your pantry or medicine cabinet!
Happy Backyards™ sells and install only the safest and highest quality residential playground equipment, basketball goals, and trampolines for your own home. We are a local company and have been doing it for 15 years with a focus on quality products, quality service, and competitive low pricing.