Add Some “Healthy” to Your End of School Party Ideas
Make these delicious and healthy fruit roll-ups!
It’s time to start gathering your End of School Party Ideas ! How do you plan to make it memorable? Here are a few ideas on also making it healthy!
You may have experienced this scenario before: your child goes to school and celebrates any number of things: Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day. And that healthy lunch you so painstakingly packed is tossed aside for an afternoon full of cupcakes, cookies, candy, lollipops and sugary juice boxes. And then the post-sugar rush crash occurs just when they arrive back to your home and continues until bedtime. Sound familiar? Here are some healthy ideas for your child’s end of school party that will keep them – and you – happy and feeling good all day long!
– Instead of cupcakes, try pumpkin muffins with powdered sugar on top. You’ll find an easy recipe at the bottom.
– Offer frozen yogurt tubes instead of popsicles. They’re low-mess, easy-to-serve and kids won’t complain when they realize it tastes as good as ice cream!
– Trade out sugary fruit snacks for homemade fruit roll-ups instead. Just be sure to leave plenty of time to let these set before the party. The recipe is below.
– Have your child help you decorate simple bags or cups with markers, glitter, stickers, etc. then fill them with popcorn. Remember that kids like non-sweets, too!
– Assemble colorful fruit kabobs with strawberries, blueberries, melons, grapes and/or pineapple and then offer small cups of yogurt for dipping.
– Try two-ingredient banana “ice cream” and then create an “ice cream” bar filled with fruit, mini chocolate chips, nuts (check for allergies in the class first!), coconut, granola and raisins. Instructions for the “ice cream” are below.
– And finally, make the party less about food and more about activities! Find out if the party will be inside or out and then bring appropriate activities. Remember that kids will often easily follow an adult’s lead if you’re having fun, so don’t always assume that fun must equal food!
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
– Ingredients: 1 box spice cake mix and 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
– Mix together and pour into cupcake liners inside muffin tins.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
– Using whatever combination of fruits that you like, warm the fruit in a pot on the stove and soften until it becomes a puree. For tougher fruits, you may need to soften and then add to a blender.
– Take 1 ½ cups of the puree and pour into a baking sheet with sides.
– Place in the oven at 150 degrees, keeping the oven door slightly open.
– Bake for 5-8 hours.
– Peel off of the baking sheet then cut into strips with kitchen shears.
Banana Ice Cream
– Peel 1-2 bananas for each child in the class and cut into small pieces.
– Freeze for 1-2 hours on a plate.
– Put the slices into a high-powered blender or food processor, scraping down the bowl if they stick to the sides.
– Keep blending until the consistency becomes like that of ice cream.
– Freeze until read to serve.
What end of school party ideas do you have? We would love to hear them!
Happy Backyards™ sells and installs only the safest and highest quality residential playground equipment, basketball goals, and trampolines for your own home. We are a local company and have been doing it for 15 years with a focus on quality products, quality service, and competitive low pricing.
Franklin Contact Info
Cool Springs Mall 1800 Galleria Boulevard Ste. 5040 (next to American Girl) Franklin, TN 37067
We are currently in stock on a majority of our products, but there are some products that are out of stock for longer periods. Please check with our store before any swing set, hoop, or trampoline purchase online. If you are located out of state and looking to purchase, please call the store for availability and to make sure we can deliver to your area.
Also due to the overwhelming requests for our products, We are currently running 3-6 weeks for installation depending on the product purchased. We do have a lot in stock for pickup and self installation if you need it quicker.
Please shop early this holiday season due to increased volumes and shipping delays and labor shortage the time frames will only increase. Please call 615-595-5565 to check availability before purchasing. Thank you for your interest in Happy Backyards!