Create a Safe Play Zone with Shredded Rubber Mulch
When building a commercial or residential playground, choosing the best ground covering is just as important as choosing the actual playground equipment. Rubber mulch consistently tests as the safest playground cover and offers many other benefits like these:
– Superior impact attenuation as a 6” depth of rubber mulch provides 11’ critical fall height protection
– Inorganicsurface so weed growth is suppressed and it doesn’t attract insects and animals
– Attractive year-round appearance with non-fading, vibrant colors
– Non-toxic and doesn’t decompose so it stays cleaner
– Easy to install and doesn’t blow or wash away so it can be slowly replenished over time if necessary
– Safer for kids as it’s non-abrasive with no sharp points and doesn’t have splinters. Also drains quickly after a rain so the surface doesn’t stay slippery.
Rubber Mulch has been proven to be far superior to any alternative ground covering options available today. Here is how rubber mulch stacks up against some other popular ground cover options:
– Vs. Wood Mulch: Unlike real wood mulch, rubber mulch doesn’t rot and decompose over time so it doesn’t need to be replaced every few years. Rubber mulch is also splinter-free so it’s safer for kids.
– Vs. Pea Gravel: Rubber mulch provides much better shock absorbance than pea gravel. Over time, pea gravel can become even more compacted, causing a serious safety issue.
– Vs. Poured Rubber: While a poured rubber surface can provide better shock absorbency than many surfaces, it is still sub-par to rubber mulch. It can lose shock absorbency over time and is also more costly to repair.
– Vs. Sand: Sand can be dangerously hot in the summer, attracts animals so it’s difficult to keep clean, and provides low shock absorbency when compared to rubber mulch.
Happy Backyards™ is proud to offer Soft Landing Rubber Mulch for both commercial and residential playgrounds. Available in Terra Cotta, Brown, Green and Blue, Soft Landing Rubber Mulch is made from recycled tires and industrial rubber scraps that have been shredded, not chunked. It’s sold in 40-pound bags and includes a base of commercial grade geotextile fabric to inhibit weed growth. Professional installation is available so contact us today to learn more about how we can help prepare your space for your new playground!
Happy Backyards™ sells and installs only the safest and highest quality residential playground equipment, basketball goals, and trampolines for your own home. We are a local company and have been doing it for more than 20 years with a focus on quality products, quality service, and competitive low pricing.
We are currently in stock on a majority of our products, but there are some products that are out of stock for longer periods. Please check with our store before any swing set, hoop, or trampoline purchase online. If you are LOCATED OUT OF STATE and looking to purchase, PLEASE call the store for availability and to make sure we can deliver to your area.
Also due to the overwhelming requests for our products, We are currently running 2-4 weeks for installation depending on the product purchased. We do have a lot in stock for pickup and self installation if you need it quicker.
Please shop early this holiday season due to increased volumes and shipping delays and labor shortage the time frames will only increase. Please call 615-595-5565 to check availability before purchasing. Thank you for your interest in Happy Backyards!