The 4th of July is almost here but there’s still time to sneak in a fun craft to use for decoration! You can use these flag luminaries to sit on the porch as you watch the fireworks, line your driveway to advertise a big party, or hang them from the trees to bring light to a small backyard gathering.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Kid-friendly paint in red, white and blue (tempera works great!)
Brown paper bags
Glitter or sequins (optional)
Scissors or sharp pencils
Glowsticks or battery-operated tea lights
Yarn for hanging (optional)
1) Paint the blue square first, making sure to paint the correct side of the paper bag so that you aren’t painting the bottom of the paper bag.
2) Next, paint alternating white and red stripes on the bag, although it may be easier to paint all the red stripes and then fill in with the white stripes. And don’t worry about painting the correct number of stripes on the bag!
3) Once the blue section is dry, add white paint dots (for stars) using a cotton swab or the end of a paint brush or use sequins or glitter for the stars if you have them on-hand. Again, don’t worry about trying to fit 50 stars or dots into the little space!
4) Allow your bag to dry completely.
5) Poke holes in the sides of the bag using scissors or a sharpened pencil before adding the heavy objects and glow sticks or tea lights to the inside of the bag.
6) If you want to hang your bag from a tree, poke holes in the top of the bag and string yarn through in order to hang. If doing this step, don’t add heavy objects to the bottom of the bag as it will easily rip when hanging.
Do you have any fun plans for the 4th?
Happy Backyards™ sells and installs only the safest and highest quality residential playground equipment, basketball goals, and trampolines for your own home. We are a local company and have been doing it for 15 years with a focus on quality products, quality service, and competitive low pricing.
Franklin Contact Info
Cool Springs Mall 1800 Galleria Boulevard Ste. 5040 (next to American Girl) Franklin, TN 37067
We are currently in stock on a majority of our products, but there are some products that are out of stock for longer periods. Please check with our store before any swing set, hoop, or trampoline purchase online. If you are located out of state and looking to purchase, please call the store for availability and to make sure we can deliver to your area.
Also due to the overwhelming requests for our products, We are currently running 3-6 weeks for installation depending on the product purchased. We do have a lot in stock for pickup and self installation if you need it quicker.
Please shop early this holiday season due to increased volumes and shipping delays and labor shortage the time frames will only increase. Please call 615-595-5565 to check availability before purchasing. Thank you for your interest in Happy Backyards!