Fall is just around the corner and you may have already enrolled your child in a Fall sports league. Start getting your child ready now to ensure that he or she has a positive and rewarding experience. Here are some things to keep in mind:
– Above all else, make sure that your child is having fun whether they are practicing or playing! Too often parents only focus on the competition and winning, but young kids will stick with sports longer if they enjoy the process.
– Make training and practicing fun: create obstacle courses or make up fun contests to keep drills fun. Forcing a child to do an activity will slowly build up to create fear, anxiety or even hatred of a sport that is supposed to be enjoyable. Be sure to stop by Happy Backyards™ to see our full line of training equipment!
– Before middle school, kids should only be involved in training that focuses on agility, coordination and body control. Emphasizing strength training too early can be detrimental to growing and developing muscles.
– Be encouraging! Your kids will need your support during the season so starting to practice now will make it easier for you to be their biggest fan in a couple of months.
– Review the rules and make sure they understand them. Doing that now will help to avoid any confusion and embarrassment later on.
– Drills and training don’t have to be intense or complex. Simple repetition like throwing or kicking a ball back and forth is the key to building muscle memory.
– Have your kids try on all their equipment prior to the first practice. Kids grow fast and ensuring that they have the correct size shoes, clothes and other equipment will set them up for success.
Happy Backyards™ sells and install only the safest and highest quality residential playground equipment, basketball goals, and trampolines for your own home. We are a local company and have been doing it for 15 years with a focus on quality products, quality service, and competitive low pricing.
Franklin Contact Info
Cool Springs Mall 1800 Galleria Boulevard Ste. 5040 (next to American Girl) Franklin, TN 37067
We are currently in stock on a majority of our products, but there are some products that are out of stock for longer periods. Please check with our store before any swing set, hoop, or trampoline purchase online. If you are located out of state and looking to purchase, please call the store for availability and to make sure we can deliver to your area.
Also due to the overwhelming requests for our products, We are currently running 3-6 weeks for installation depending on the product purchased. We do have a lot in stock for pickup and self installation if you need it quicker.
Please shop early this spring due to increased volumes and shipping delays and labor shortage the time frames will only increase. Please call 615-595-5565 to check availability before purchasing. Thank you for your interest in Happy Backyards!